Tuesday, September 4, 2007

good mood, bad mood, good mood, bad mood

Isn't it funny how sometimes just the smallest little thing can set you off. I've always considered myself pretty even tempered but today the tiniest thing got me irate and it is something that shouldn't have. My plan for the evening was to sit back, peruse the ads for an apartment (which I found a super cute one but I need to call to see if it is taken already), job hunt (which I never even got around to), and read a good book (since after tomorrow I won't have time to pleasure read). A little after 7:30 my mom came to tell me that her and my dad were going to my brother's softball games and it would be nice if I came. After debating in my head for a while, I told her that I would come but just for the first game and that I would drive my self and bring Dora. The game went fine and my brother did great as usual. Once at the game my mom asked if her and the other dog could ride with me and I said of course. Well, it turns out they hadn't eaten yet (surprise, surprise) so we drove all around town trying to find fast food her and my sister. We also didn't leave until 9:15.... I know it is something that shouldn't bother me at all, but a couple things ticked me off. One, my mom is trying to lose weight and eating after 9:00 isn't quite that healthy, two my little sister should have a decent meal before 10:00 at night (which is when we got home, three I was tired and cranky and just wanted to be in my bed working on job applications (selfish, yes I know).

Cross your fingers that I can find an apartment soon, even with my above complaint, I really do love my family but I really do miss being able to go home, curl up on the couch, read a good book, without any loud music and with having more than a half of a room to do this in. Plus, my animals would like it because they wouldn't be confined to a half of room anymore. That is probably the worse thing about being here; I really feel sorry for the animals.

Other than that, today I realized why I work in higher ed. It was the first day of school and it is so fun to see all of the students bright eyed and bushy tailed or super nervous or flirting with his/her new classmates. It is much like a social experiment and is amazing to watch. Oh, and this morning I was working walk-in hours and a person came in who looked very familiar and said "profe williams?, it's my chu cho" It was one of my star students from my first year of teaching! It was so great to see him all grown up.

Tomorrow, I start my first accounting class. Lots of people have made fun of me saying you have two bachelor's and a master's, why in the world are you taking a class? When I respond "for fun", then they look at me like I'm even more insane yet I figure it's a good skill to have, it's free (I just have to pay for books and student fees) so why not gain some knowledge in this field, and who knows maybe I'll like it and I'll know my next career goal.

Cross the fingers about the apartment!

Trying to figure out how to post the newest tattoo up.

No comments: