Once again, many things that could go wrong, did go wrong today. Yesterday, was great- I headed out to an apple orchard, met some great new people, caught up with some old friends, played with a couple kids and then headed off to see an 80's cover band. The entire day was great, though I stayed out a little too late, again. Hmmm, and Josh said I was boring and would never go out. Just because I don't go out to get wasted, doesn't mean that I won't go out. Alcohol doesn't make things "more" fun. At least in my eyes.
I got home around 4:00 this morning and left for church at 9:00. Met up with a friend of mine from church and then we went out for Sunday tea. It's always fun meeting with her because she is very smart (graduated from Yale business school) and always has a great perspective on life. After meeting with her, my plan was to head to a coffee shop and apply for jobs and do study. Instead, on my way home, my windshiled wipers flew off (yes, literally), the lights (for the dashboard, clock and temperature went out (which would be fine except at night when you wouldn't be able to see the dashboard), and my car was starting to smell funny. I knew I had to get an oil change and I saw Valvoline straing ahead and decided to pull in to that shop. I didn't know they could change windshield wipers, too. When they did the all around check, I found out all of my tail lights and my brake light were out. I really didn't want to spend any more money so I asked if I could check. Sure enough, they were all out. I ended up spending 2 hours at Valvoline! Then, they referred me to another shop to get the electrical system checked out. I guess, after 7 years without problems, it's due time. It still kind of irks me that this really isn't even my car as Josh bought it as a graduation gift to himself when graduated college.
When I got home, after the car trouble, my mom and I took our dogs for a walk. When we came back in, I ran downstairs to check my e-mail. Not even, two minutes later my dad ran into the room saying he was going to kill Dora and she wasn't allowed in the house any more. I don't know what's wrong with my dog again. She went to the bathroom quite bit on our walk and then apparently she went to the bathroom in the house. Which, I don't understand why since she had gone not even 15 minute prior. The poor animal was getting yelled at and chased and scared out of my mind and she started to cower like she did when we first adopted her. It was pretty bad and I spend the next hour crying and being upset that Josh essentially left me with all of hte cats, dog, bills and that I'm struggling to get by on my measly paycheck. I'm living with my parentss but I'm still not saving very much and it frusttrates me know Josh was able to just pick up and get his own apartment one month after he left, he doesn't have to worry about how to pay the bills, or how to get out of his parent's house, have to worry about finding a place with animals, or even just sit and relax without worrying or feelind adrift. It's strange how little things like those can bring all of these emotions back to surface.
I had to take Dora out of the house for awhile because I was afraid of what was going to happen. On my way back, I stopped at Target to get cat food and I ended up leaving with cat food and Dora's Halloween costume. I'm such a dork, because it me smile a lot and she loves to wear costumes. Why? I have no idea, I chalk it p to being a unique dog. Right now, she's sleeping right next to me with the costume on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment