Finally, I gave into temptation and decided to order cable internet. Still no cable tv, but the deal was hard to pass up!
This means it's back to blogging time! Woo-hoo. It was such a stress reliever for me to actually be able to spurt my thoughts out loud, so to speak, whenever I wanted.
Not much is new on the work front or the dating. But, I've decided to try some sports. And oh my goodness, how much I have already injured myself is embarrassing to admit. Who thought one could injure themselves on a daily basis??? So, I am definitely not much of an athlete, have not been blessed with the gift of coordination, however I do have one positive for the sports, I'm a trooper and I always give my best! So this summer, after a winter of getting back into skiing, and indoor rollerblading. I decided that when asked, I would join a grass volleyball league (okay, now when I was in high school over 13 years ago, my physical education teacher would have me sit out of the games because I always ended up injuring myself), I also joined kickball (quite fun, but not that great at catching the ball and for some reason, I can't figure out how to keep the ball on the ground when kicking). There are all great fun, but to start out the summer- the doctors thought I had fractured my elbow due to a nasty fall while rollerblading. See, there is this gorgeous lake close to where I live where a group was getting to together for an afternoon of rollerblading, some were beginners, some were advanced. I use to rollerblade quite a bit yet never perfected the art of stopping. Over the winter, it was indoors and on a flat surface and I could easily run into a wall to stop. I had made it all the way around the lake, just coming to the corner where we would be done when a little hill came about and I could not slow down, I was about to enter traffic and did not want to end up being hit by a car so I thought- hmmm, I've stopped in the grass before, let's try to run into the grass and hop on down. With 14 people following me, I hop on the grass and hear "oh no! Slow down!!!!" from a couple friend, I'm hopping on the grass and doing just fine but still unable to slow down. Another hop, hit a rock and boom, I'm down on the ground on my elbow. It hurt a lot, but I just took a ride home and went to sleep. Thinking I would be okay, I tried to go swing dancing that night (didn't work so well, it's quite hilarious watching someone try and spin without using their spinning arm). Later that week, the arm still hurt but figured I would be okay for some bowling! Wrong again! Every time I would lift up my eight pound ball, shooting pain would jolt up my arm, yet I still went on. The next day, my arm was in horrendous pain so I finally went to the doctor- a fracture they thought so I ended up in a sling while they observed x-rays and such. Turns out it's just a little bone spur.
Next injury: Volleyball! So, our volleyball team is pretty horrible. The captain of the team said he just wanted smiley happy people- that fits me- I told him I was horrible as did my friend that plays with us. We had not won a game yet, until last week. We were playing and we were one point a way from our first win of the season. The captain serves, we volley well for a while, it comes back goes over my friend's head and the captain tries to get it but misses the ball. He's a very intense man, and lost control- kicked volleyball and ended up kicking right at my friend who wasn't even a foot a away. Her leg was all bruised, but worst of all, her pride was broken because she thought that the kick was meant for her. (It wasn't really though, he was just being a poor sport). My friend takes off crying and upset and another friend takes her for ice cream. Meanwhile, I'm still playing and a ball comes right me, I'm about to bump the ball, when from the side comes running at full force, the intense and upset captain. Smack into my side, there I go, crack, crack crack can be heard as my butt smacks the ground. As soon as I fell, I knew something was wrong, all I wanted to do was get up, cry, and go to bed. Like a trooper, I stayed there without telling anyone how much I hurt. The other team, after the fall, came over to ask if I was okay and to tell me that that was the worst fall they had seen anyone take since the started playing five years ago. I'm pretty sure I bruised my tailbone as it hurts like heck to sit down, to run, pretty much anything that has to do with my lower back/buttocks is extreme difficulty. Note to self: be very careful when playing sports.
On a different note, the 4th of July was quite entertaining, I will be writing more about this as my series goes on. One event that will not be forgotten is the nice little citation that both the boy and I got for fishing without a license. Yep, a $ 192.20 fine- I highly recommend never fishing without a license. My fault, wasn't planning on fishing, but should have known better and will have to remember that for next year.
Yikers, guess I miss bloggin a little bit. I'll be writing soon about the interesting 4th!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment