Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Does the damage really ever go away?

So, this stupid divorce is still affecting me after a really long time. For those of you that have gone through this before, does it get better? Every time I think I'm better and getting back to my true self, I seem to fall right back down. My job is getting busier again, which is a good thing. I have a good set of friends (granted there has been way too much drama that reminds me of high school as of late). I'm now dating a wonderful guy.

But in the dating world, I'm so afraid of making more mistakes that I end up making more mistakes. Often times, I'm too quiet, sometimes I say things when I'm not suppose to, sometimes I'm afraid to say things. He's learned that when there is a topic that is difficult that he needs to ask me three or four times to get my honest opinion. I'm usually too afraid to express my thoughts because everything always comes back to me. Last night, I was too quiet while watching a sporting event, I tried to talk at first but then didn't think he wanted to so I clammed up.

Tonight, our dance class was going for an outing but he couldn't go due to an injury, so I told him that I was debating going to the outing by myself. Unfortunately, he thought I was insinuating that I wanted him to ask me to go and felt that wasn't quite right. I guess I can see how he thought that, but he's said that he wants to hear my thoughts and talk more so I thought I would tell him I was debating on going but didn't want to go by myself. But apparently, it insinuated something else. Maybe I just need to be more quiet or figure out how to not like the guy :)

Coffee shop is closing.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Take it easy and stop being so hard on yourself. Dating while going thru a divorce is hard! You have to learn to trust yourself and if this guy respects you, he'll be understanding enough to not pressure you for answers (but then again, that's not such a bad thing either). Relax and take it one day at a time.