Athletic and coordinated are two gifts I was not granted. Sometimes, this is something that I really would like to improve yet at the same time I've come to accept that I'm just never going to be able to hit a volleyball, be the fastest on the bike, not strikeout during softball, etc.
The other week, our volleyball team was actually winning and then we made some mistakes and our captain got a little bit on the "not fun team player" side. Afterwards, I was learning to play Magic, (yes, I am an official geek!)a conversation with the boy ensued, we were talking about volleyball, Magic and games in general......he never plays a game unless he thinks he can win, I play if I think I can have fun- don't really care about winning. Disagreeing, the boy stated that I would be the only one to think that way- so we decided to text everyone in our phones the question:
When you play a game- do you play to win or just for fun?
The answers were quite entertaining to read and exactly fifty-fifty-
So what are your thoughts? Post them in the comments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey! I'm very competitive so I start out wanting to win, especially for side wagers and money. But if the others are playing for fun then why not. You can still play to win and have fun!
Hi! I play just to have fun! I love games. If I am on a losing streak, then I admit that can get old, but overall, I just enjoy the experience of the game.
Post a Comment