Hmmmm, last week I was told that no matter where I go or what I am doing, I make everything a memorable experience. This can be taken in a either a positive or a negative way. I'm still not quite sure which way to take this particular comment from this particular person.
So, the boy and I decided to go camping for a few days in an area that is known as a fisherman's paradise. Over the weekend, I realized once again that I do not like to fish. I was a little worried about how our experience would go because we are two very opposite people, but I figured no matter what it would be fun, until we actually started to leave.
The plan was to leave around 11:30, head to the grocery store and be at the site by four. In the morning, I took my dog to the kennel, went to my parents to borrow some camping tools, went to the store and arrived at his place at 11:15. He saw me pull up and yelled out the window that he would need 15-30 more minutes. Over an hour later, we are on our way to the grocery store. Plan- 30 minutes max. Well, the boy likes vegetables, a lot! It took us almost a half hour just to get through the veggie isles. Over an hour later, we are out of the grocery store and just spend 83 dollars for 3 days of camping and 2 people. What in the world were we thinking?
Here comes the fun part. So, the next thing is to stop at another store to pick up some more items. Well, because we bougt so many groceries, I had to take some of my soda that was in the cooler out and just put it somewhere in the car. Problem was there wasn't a lot of room so I just set them in front of the cooler in the back seat of the car, not really thinking of anything. After we get out of the store, the boy went to open the car door and down slides a black cherry soda, slams the ground, hisses, and sprays the both of us. He is in a white t-shirt and off-what shorts, I'm in a white tank top with blue jeans. Both of are splattered with pink circles, on our clothes, arms, legs, my car, everywhere. I start laughing, well, because what can you do. Unfortunately, the boy did not find it funny and was very upset. Since, we weren't out of the cities yet, we drove back to his place so he could change. All my clothes were in the trunk which had the bikes on top, so I couldn't get my clothes and just stayed downstairs, crying, and washing my car. He comes back, apologizes, and we head up.
Then, because of everything that happened, we got there a little late and the campsite didn't have a reserved tag on it, and the host didn't know that I had reserved the site, even though I had the papers. Finally, get it all straightened out, set up the tent, go to get ready to bed. Change the clothes in the bathroom. As I'm changing, my pink stained shirt falls in the toilet! Not a toilet that was flushed. EEEEKKKKKK! And this is all just day 1!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment