Well, once again it's been a while since I have written in here. It's a little difficult to write now since I don't have access to the internet in my apartment. There are so many times, I would just love to blog to get feelings and thoughts out, but there seems to be limited time or something comes up.
As usual, my life has been full of dropping things, breaking things, hurting things (unintentionally). A friend of mine recently told me that I should have a camera follow me throughout the day and it would make a pretty good comedy.
Lets start with two weeks ago. In my apartment, I have myself, my two cats, and my dog. One of my cats usually likes to hide yet ever since I've moved in, it seems that she has been quite comfortable with her surroundings. One Friday night, I walked to a dinner and was planning to go home and go watch a movie with the boy. Friends tried and tried to get me to go out, and I refused (I'm a pushover and they were close to getting me to go). I walk home, and as I'm getting to the house I live in, I hear kitty crying. I look and look, thinking maybe it's stuck in a tree or under a car or in the trash or hungry or something. After 10 minutes of looking, I can't find it so I give up. Its dark out, which is why I gave up.
I head into the house and still hear the kitty crying. As I walk up towards my apartment, I'm thinking. "Oh, a neighbor must have gotten a cat and it is not very happy".
The crying seems to be getting louder and louder. I walk into my apartment and realize it's my cat!
I figure she must be stuck in a closet, so I'm going through opening all of my closets. No Nutmeg to be found.
Finally, I realize her cry is coming from the couch. She's in the couch, I start to freak out because I have a small loveseat that reclines and I realize that I shut her in there. I open up the recliners and thought she would just skid out as she would in a closet. Nope, she's still crying and the crying gets louder and louder. I'm under the couch and she's stuck!
She's fighting to get out, yelps loudly, claws flying, and then boom. It's all quiet and she's just laying there. Tears fall from my face as I truly believed I just killed my cat :(. I'm petting her saying "wake up, wake up, wake up". Finally, she moves again. I can't get her out myself so I call my friends who are still at the dinner, hopefully. I get a hold of one friend, in a small voice, I say "my cat is stuck, can someone come help". A few minutes later, 3 people are my apartment! All of them come up and the two guys fuss around a little bit. After a little while, they figure out how to get her out. Once she is free, she runs as fast as she can into the bedroom.
My poor cat, hobbled for a few a days and is still ignoring me. Took her to the vet and she is all well, just a few bruises.
That night, I couldn't fall asleep because everytime I closed my eyes I would see my poor cat laying stuck under the couch.
Thanks to my good friends, my kitty cat was saved :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment