Monday, September 15, 2008

Charlie Brown cloud

That Darn Charlie Brown Cloud Part II

So, I've had more than a few friends say to me that my life would make a pretty good sitcom and I'm starting to believe this to be true.

Let's start with the weekend, I had plans to go to the North Shore on Saturday. On Friday, I had offered to make lunch and dinner. Since the Weekly Dinner was going to start late, I had planned to go grocery shopping after taking the dog for a walk. I was a bit tired due to some stress and not sleeping well so I decided to take a power nap- only problem- I didn't wake up to the alarm- and slept until it was time to go to dinner. Not a big deal until I realized I don't have groceries. Hmmm, figure I'll grocery shop on my way home- nope, instead I go with a friend to check out a band for her birthday and stay until 1:00 a.m. Yikes, figure I'll get up at 4 to go grocery shopping.

Alarm goes off-hit snooze, alarm goes off- hit snooze, alarm goes off hit snooze. This happens until 5:15, CRAP! I have to leave my apartment at 6:30 and still need to go the grocery store and then pack lunch.

Get to the grocery store and realize, shopping at this time of the mornig is kind of fun- no lines to worry about, no accidentally running over someones foot and if I drop something noone is there to see :)

Get back to the apartment and start to pack the lunches, everything is going well- just about to finish up, get the dog and leave right on time. Until, while finishing the lunch, I move my arm a little to the right and CRASH! 2 of my glasses fell and shattered all over the floor. Texted the boy to let him know I would be late and the reasons why, and he responds with something to the effect of "no surprise".

Oh well, I make it the rest of the day without spilling, falling, or breaking anything. Fast forward to the following day, I'm so excited because I've had one day all to myself- I've done laundry, I finished a book, I've posted on craigslist and e-bay. About to head out for dinner with some of the girls.

It's started to rain, the dog needs to go out so I grab her leash, go to the basement to switch a load of laundry and then head outside to quickly let the dog go to the bathroom. Due to the rain, Dora goes to the bathroom quite fast. I go to head back inside the apartment building.

Oh no, where did I put my keys? Did I not take them with me? Crap, the keys are still in my apartment. I never take them with me when changing the laundry and out of habit, I did the same thing.

It's starting to rain a little more and I'm starting to panic. I'm suppose to be at dinner in 30 minutes, no keys. I call one of the girls to let her know what happened and that I would be late. I text E as he is always telling me "keys, phone, purse- you say to have all three and now I have none". He texts back saying "you must have one"- Good point :) He calls and calms me down a bit.

My apartment building is an old house with 6 apartments. I'm looking for someone that's home and I only see lights on in one apartment. This is the guy that does not like me due to my dog. I'm yelling (well, what I conside yelling). "hello, anyone there- I'm locked out- can you let me in?". No answer. We also have buzzers to the apartments but no intercom system, I hit all of the buzzers for a couple seconds hoping that someone might come down. Unfortunately, due to the incident/break in a few weeks ago residents are more cautious and noone came down.

Dora is soaking wet, I'm starting to cry out of frustration and disbelief. Though, I know it's something that as soon as I get back in, I'll be able to laugh at.

I hadn't yelled my neighbors name yet, because I wasn't sure if it was right since I've never officially met him. Finally, I just yell it and he comes right to the window. I explain what happened and asks if he could let me back in the building. Luckily, he does. Now why didn't I do this first?

I'm late for the dinner. I hate being late, my stomach gets all queezy and nervous- I don't know why- but it happens. I go to put Dora in the kennel but she's barking and hitting the sides of the kennel. I know I'm not suppose to respond with positive reinforcement, but with the letter from my landlord I have to be careful with her barking- I take her out and bring her with- keeping her in the car since it isn't too cold or too hot. The restaurant is only 12 minutes away, though it took me 25 minutes to get there due to missing an exit and getting lost (isn't the GPS suppose to help with this :)?) Luckily, my friends are wonderful and were quite understanding.

Now, let's go to today. Everything is going well, until I spill my lunch (mac and cheese on me). Luckily, my skirt is dark so I was able to easily clean it up without much of a stain). I'm about to head out of work, when I realize I had to check my e-mail and schedule for tomorrow to make sure I had all my presentation times correct.

Uh oh, as I'm reading through the e-mail, I read one from a professor that said today at 11:15 a.m. worked well with his class. Yikers, It's 3:30 p.m.. how in the world could I miss this? I check and double check times because I'm afraid of this happening. I look at my calendar and I had scheduled on my calendar- the presentation for tomorrow at 11:15- crap. How unprofessional. now I'm worried- I try to do my job well and then I make this mistake. I e-mail the professor, apologize and ask if I can come in the following week. Crossing my fingers that he accepts my apologies. It's just a quick 5 minute presentation about he departments majors and minors, so hopefully the response isn't too negative.

Off to Stillwater, we go to get some work done. On our way back, we stop at McDonald's for dinner, while eating- ketchup is spilled all over my skirt. Again, it was quickly and painlessly removed. As it happened, the same thought that enters my head daily came in again- Can I go one day without spilling, breaking, or tripping over something? Oh well, even if I can't- at least I can get a good laugh out of these experiences.

No comments: